Chuck,

When the reel is mounted on the rod, and the trigger is facing forward, what
side of the reel is the mainspring on?  If it's on the right side, it's a
right-hand.  If it's on the left, it's a left-hand.

  From: charles connell
  To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [VFB] Automatic fly reels

  Don- I have an old one that i believe is set up for left hand. It appears to
run in right direction if you hold it in right hand

                                            Chuck Connell

  On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Don Ordes <f...@tribcsp.com> wrote:

    Tony got me thinking and I visited an old stash of reels from way back.
And I found an automatic reel- amongst others.  Problem is, it's right-hand
operation and I prefer to hold the rod in my right hand.  All the auto-reels
I've looked at so far have been right-hand, also.

    So does anyone know if they made a left-hand operation reel?

    Tony, in your stash, are there any left-handers?