OK, I do understand all of the pros and cons of automatic reels, since it was
the first reel paired to the first rod I ever owned at around 12 years old.  My
question was on the best quality automatic reel available.  But I like the
discusson.

Yes, it can be a tip breaker, either with a loop-wrap or the fly hitting the
top on retrieve.  Retrieving a line is different than playing a fish.  Playing
a large fish is different from a small fish.  Casting and retrieving are a
matter of preference and fishing conditions.

Mine had a spring release wheel (little one in the center) to allow more line
to be spooled off of the reel after the spring had reached full tension (or
wind-up), and a spring tension wheel (the large one) to add more turns to the
mainspring.  With these two I could manage long distance fights and bring them
in close.  Practice was needed to become proficient with line management, and
hundreds of bluegills provided that practice.

As I mentioned in my post, I'm not switching over to be an automatic reel
flyfisher.  I need an automatic reel for a certain circumstance where a big
trout is a very good possibility.  In this circumstance, it's a
'high-to-low-stick' method in very fast water and the fly has to be bouncing on
the bottom.  Using any fly line just will not work, as the water sweeps the fly
downstream before the fly ever gets even close to the bottom.  The auto reel is
loaded with mono only because there is no fly 'casting' per say.  The water is
10' deep (and close) so the long rod (leader length) plus some slack line is
needed to reach the bottom quickly ahead of the 'rapids'.  As the fly/weight
bounce the bottom through the rapids, the fly is presented 'tight-line' to the
big trout just below the rapids, where they hold.  If the fly is not on the
bottom through the rapids, you don't get hit (by the biggest ones).  Simple as
that.  Spin-fishermen have the advantage in this situation, since the line has
no drag, but they have to go through the rapids open-bail and hand-managing the
line, and they miss many takes. Also, line can be stripped from the auto-reel
to allow the fly to stay on the bottom for a while downstream (while
maintaining good contact), and takes here are common, just the fish aren't as
big.

The method works for dead-drifting stones, eggs, scuds, etc., but also for
streamers, which can be manuevered through the pocket water to find the lairs.

So I'm just looking for a good-quality reel that won't fall apart on me just
because I use it.