Larry,
Thanks.

I would love to come fishing with you and then spend some tying time to compare
methods in great detail.

There is one part of the Nor-Vise rope that I'm still wondering about.  Does
the tying thread spiral with the materials into a rope, or does it stay a
straight-line core?  If it stays a straight-line core, then it is twisting on
its axis with the noodle, right?

2nd, can you slide all of the roped materials down the thread to compress them
to make the dubbing, hackles, and whatever other materials thicker before you
wrap the shank?  If the thread remains a straight-line core, you should be able
to do this.

3. Does the thread ever break before you get maximum dubbing tightness? (I rope
to the breaking strength of the dubbed materials, unless I want a lose dubbing
to pick out.)

If you have a web-cam, we can compare notes live right over the PCs.  My friend
in Bigfork got one and we video-chat now rather than phone chat.  The advantage
is we can share flies, photos, videos, etc. live.   Last night I set up our
cruise last year on the slide show program and pointed the camera at the screen
so he could watch it.  So he watched the slide show while I commented on what
the pictures were about.  No mess, no fuss, no file transmissions.   He just
got his 1st aquarium and points the camera at the fish so I can see what he got
and how they are doing.  I've been a life-long aquarion-keeper.

I told him to run out and vid-cam the grizzly bear while it was night-feeding
on that dead deer in his yard, using a flash-light to film by and using his
notebook PC as a portable Linksys base.  For some odd reason, he declined.

This could be used for fly-tying tutorials, eh?  You tie, I watch.  I tie, you
watch.  Live video and audio.

Be like a conclave, but without the conclave.