Folks: Here’s the situation on my wife. The doc came in just a little bit ago
and said the X-Rays etc showed that the blood clot(s) had evidently not
completely dissolved and passed from the other day. She had told us outright
the other day that since my wife’s new to her job and has no insurance, that
she was sending her home a day or two earlier than had she had good insurance.
Ain’t that how it goes???  Anyway, to quote my wife this morning “This is more
painful than having a baby”.  And it’s going to get worse before it gets better
according to the doc because they are having to give her breathing treatments,
to ward off pneumonia, because she tries to hold back the coughing and deep
breathing because it hurts a lot worse to breath deeply or to cough. But, the
doc says that she MUST cough to get the lungs clear both of the clots and to
stop pneumonia.  They now have her in dilaudid (sp) for pain.

Now, my question for everybody is this. Or at least to anybody who may have
ever had a blood clot in their lungs. Are blood clots REALLY that painful??? I
mean, I know they are, cause my wife has a high threshold for pain, but is the
doc being totally honest in that THAT is what is causing THAT much pain??? The
doc says that THAT much severe pain is “normal” in having and/or getting rid of
blood clots. Is the doc being totally honest??? If so, how long should the pain
last from the onset of treatment??? I know everybody is different, and the
number, size, and location of the clots all play into it, but this has me
worried that the doc isn’t being totally honest about this??? Thanks for ANY
answers in advance. Chuck

-----
No virus found in this message.