Joyce: Thanks. She feels a LOT better today. Chuck

From: Joyce M Westphal
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 5:23 AM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] Question for everybody about blood clots??

Thanks for the update..prayers for you and she this morning as well as for all
the other friends on this group.  Joyce

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Chuck Alexander
<chuckalexan...@centurylink.net> wrote:

  Joyce: Thanks a lot. And yeah, as soon as she woke up at 4:30am this morning
in severe pain, and couldn’t get a deep breath, we didn’t worry about driving
to the ER, but called 911 and got her there in an Ambulance. She is feeling a
little better tonight. She has a great doc who even though we may not see her
but once a day, keeps in touch with the nurses station all the time, cause she
put my wife on new meds all day, as well as ordering new X-Rays, blood tests
etc.  My wife has been coughing up little specks of blood and that scared me to
death, but they are telling us that that is a GOOD sign because it needs to get
all that out of her lungs, which is why her doc started ordering breathing
treatments 2-3 times a day now. To get that stuff coughed up, and to ward off
pneumonia even though it hurts really bad to cough. And the nurse my wife has
tonight just got over this SAME thing herself and in fact, JUST  came back to
work a week or two ago, and she said that YES. it hurts BADDDDD. And she said
that too, that it has been a long road to total recovery. I’m just glad she had
a doc and nurses who are caring, and take time to explain what’s going on, and
just seem to genuinely care in general. Thanks a LOT for all the info. Many ppl
don’t want to hear all the ‘gory details” but we are just the opposite. We like
to know what we might expect both good and/or bad. Thanks again, Chuck