Good Morning all,

For two years I worked with another gentleman here in the Charleston SC Area to
get a Project Healing Water Fly Fishing (PHWFF) group started as he was the
lead and moved ever so slow, as we were going nowhere I ask the national group
to send me all the information and I would make it work.
I talked with the folks at the Charleston VAMC and put posters up, contacted
all the fly shops and off we went.

Last Tuesday I conducted my first class for five veterans (2 could not make it)
in fly casting and on the 19th I will start them on fly tying. I have 4 Viet
Nam era vets and 3 Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. What a joy to to work with
these veterans.

PHWFF has been great on providing fly rods, vices and tying tools. What we
could use more of is materials if you have any extra items falling off your fly
tying table we could sure use them. I will be sure to give credit to any items
donated.

I was also thinking it might be fun to do a "Blue Gill" swap with five of the
veterans here and five from this list, so they may see some of the work others
are doing and I can keep it simple for them.
I was thinking flies in the mail to me by 1 December. None of this is set in
stone so if you have other ideas please let me know.

I called it a "Blue Gill Swap" as we have a couple of smalls ponds close by
they could use the flies in.

Thanks in advance to all for your ideas and help.

Walter

Walter Shockley
448 Mercantile Rd.
McClellanville, SC 29458