Alan: Thanks. See my "rant" answer to Joyce. Its sad, but right now, unless I had a TON of money, I couldn't even fix it myself, which I COULD do, and still get a title re-issued. The insurance company transferred the money to the loan company WITHOUT us even knowing about it till AFTER the fact. I LOVE living in Alabama, but am finding out they have the worst car insurance laws in the country, if not the world. As of yesterday the car belongs to Progressive, and they want me to give them $3900 for it "as is". (The Kelly blue book, even though it was in mint condition, and Limited edition is only $4400 or so) That's a crock and a half. Yet they'll end up selling it to some junk yard for a cpl HUNDRED bucks. I'm finding out that in my state, if you don’t have a lien free title to your car (or house) you REALLY do NOT own your car and/or house etc. which is why the "little guy" will never get ahead. The Rolling Stones had a song yrs ago called "Under My Thumb" and that's just how the state laws and insurance lobby have us "peons" here I guess. If I were rich, I could probably hire a lawyer and get it "right", but that's not going to happen. Chuck

-----Original Message----- From: Phxflytyer
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 4:55 PM
To: vfb-mail@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: [VFB] OFF TOPIC. My Baby got crashed into by a deer

chuck
Please ask the insurance co. If they will sell it back to you.
That way you don't have to pay a markup to the junk yard.
It doesn't have to be towed away or towed back to you.
You should be able to find someone that will rebuild it for you at a cheaper rate then is charged to the insurance co. Perhaps if

You go to a body shop and see if one of the workers will do it after hours or on the weekend?

Sent from my iPad

Thank You,
Alan Di Somma
Phoenix, AZ.

Some mistakes are just too much fun to make only once.