Note that I'm currently working with a a few others to register
rel="payment" as an actual XML namespace, likely an <atom:link>
attribute.

Hopefully this will be used at the <channel> and <item> level.
So you could have your omnipresent tip jar link in the <channel>, and
then include more specific links in your blog entries.

-Josh

On 8/10/05, Pete Prodoehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joshua Kinberg wrote:
> > Right now, the solution I've come up with is to create some kind of
> > special HTML page that explains the donation, etc... and includes the
> > PayPal button. This is what I would link to with rel="payment" -- a
> > payment permalink so to speak.
> >
> > Here's an example of that: http://channel102.net/donate.php
> >
> > There is also a service called DropCash that helps you generate
> > donation pages similar to this. Jay used this for his first example of
> > rel="payment". Check out Jay's DropCash page here:
> > http://www.dropcash.com/campaign/roygvib/momentshowing/
>

> I modified my RSS feed to include the rel="payment" into each entry and
> it points to an HTML page here:
>
>    http://tinkernet.org/support/
>
> Which has a brief explanation and links to a DropCash page and an Amazon
> Wish List...
>
> Of course I highly doubt ever will be used, but it was fun setting it up.
>
> Pete
>
> --
> http://tinkernet.org/
> videoblog for the future...