Yes Andrew's file sizes and bit rates (file size per minute) are as
unpredictable as his content and are usually very large per minute.
But he maintains quality that way.

Today he was just over 4 mb a minute

Yesterday he was over 7 mb a minute

Sunday he was only 3 mb a minute.

Last Friday he was over 8 mb a minute. So he's all over the map in
bit rates.

That's why I was wondering how he is compressing. So you change your
quality setting from piece to piece which determines file size per
minute variance Andrew. How do you decide motion complexity? Amanda
at the desk is low complexity while helicopter flying over flooded
New Orleans is high complexity?

So the quality setting not the bitrate setting is Andrew's secret to
diverse file sizes per minute. Thanks for the tip. Oh one more
question Andrew. From whom did you learn to encode that way?

--
Taylor Barcroft
New Media Publisher, Editor, Video Journalist