i hear ya.
i suppose their is also a difference between an organized effort to be opensource verses 'sharing code' ;-)
the trend these days is to have an open API, but not share source code.
also, the opensource movement, in relation to code,  can be looked at as overrated.  their is prob a 9 to 1 ration of incomplete outdated projects verses active projects and often you see a  cyclic nature where initial project leads get bored, leave and let somone else take over , until they get bored and leave etcetera....
still, much good has come from the opensource community.  again, sharing code verses sharing complete working software  are different things and i guess we sometimes  blur them.

btw, good eye on openvision... i somehow thought the code was already released.  i have a feeling they will indeed release it though, as they seem to subscribe to the notion of making money by offering services, as they are the experts of their code ;-)

sull