> Which to me would mean I can put FireANT on a CD I gave away, or put it
> on a web site for people to download, as long as I didn't sell the CD or
> charge for the download. It also suggests I could make no changes to it
> in doing so, like brand it with my own look/feel/etc.

Not without getting permission... or a separate license.

> I don't know if the FireANT guys have thought of this, but the iPodder
> Lemon guys have done some very interesting things regarding selling
> custom versions of their app <URL:http://www.ipodderlemonstore.com/>
> either with pre-loaded subscription lists, or with custom graphics, etc.
> Note they also still give away the GPL'd version, but they got creative
> in finding a way to make money from it as well.

Yep, I know about it. Not sure if they've actually made any money
doing this. There is also no stopping anyone else from doing this
since the software is GPL. I could open my own iPodderLemonStore and
sell their software and they wouldn't see a dime for their efforts.
So, there are definite limits on how successful this very approach
would be. If it were sucessful, it would be poached.

-Josh