On Sep 15, 2005, at 8:37 PM, Eric Rice wrote:

> Heh, I lost this battle at Audioblog...

# Video podcasting is different than videoblogging. Podcasting does
not have the blog part. Some podcasters attempt to work this avenue,
but podcasting as a medium generally ignores metadata, hyperlinks,
and general blog mentality. Podcasters will try and argue this. Yet
look no further than iTunes which has zero blog-like features. Also,
people who call themselves or identify with "video podcaster",
obviously come out of a certain angle that is specific to the home
radio mentality, a product specific term which defines a limited time
period (i.e. ipodcasting, etc, will eventually become nostalgic and
exclusive).

# The word videoblog will always prevail when referring to one type
of video over IP. It has certain characteristics which make it what
it is. As long as there is blog, there will be a videoblog too. A
short LCD (lowest common denominator) video show over IP on a major
network like NBC, for instance, will not be called a videoblog, but
called something else (it wont be called video podcasting either) and
if they decide to create a behind the scenes look of the show,
perhaps THAT will be a videoblog.

# IPTV seems to be gaining as a genus term for all of the different
species.

> Terminology isn't important. Action is.

Terminology is VERY important too.