Bill Streeter wrote:
> I agree with Eric, use what works.
>
> Okay, I mentioned this a while back. I'm not a fan of the word blog.
> It's really not a pleasant sounding word. Believe it or not a lot
> of "civilians" I run into still have no clue what a "blog" is. So
> when you start throwing terms like "video blog" or "vlog" you might
> as well be speaking Chinese most of the time. I've given up trying
> to explain what I do in those terms. When I do their eyes glaze
> over. When I say "I put video on the internet" their eyes light up�
> they get it. When I start talking about RSS delivery and enclosures,
> I loose them again. When I say, "it's a video podcast," most of them
> get it again. It may be incorrect, technically, to describe it as
> a "video podcast" but what the fuck? It's close enough and, more
> importantly, people get it.

I started "blogging" in 1997, before the term was really applied to what
we were doing at the time. I didn't like the word, and still kind of
don't like it, but there's not much I can do about it. Same with
podcasting, I started doing that before the term was applied to it. I
don't know what's going to "win the name war" of what we are doing now:
videoblogging, vlogging, vodcasting, but chances are I'll reluctantly
accept what everyone else calls it, and what is it ultimately known as...

I figure it's the price you pay for helping define a technology rather
than just "create a product/market" at some company.

Pete

--
http://tinkernet.org/
videoblog for the future...