>>> As somone remarked, an "open media developers summit" by invitation
only is something of an oxymoron... Are we in danger of getting a
little clicquish, folks?

While the above does seem like an oxymoron, these folks only had limited space
and they
chose to do it the way they did it. I think that's
OK. There's room for all kinds of conferences---first come first served, free,
expensive,
invite only, etc. Also, if anyone really wanted to go and planned ahead a
little, I bet you
could have wangled an invite. And nothing's stopping you from organizing your
own
conference on the same topic with a different policy on participation.

I wasn't invited (and no reason I should have been---I'm not a developer) but I
went by
anyway just to see how packed it was and see if I could squeeze in for a few
minutes
anyway---and indeed, there wasn't a free seat. The place was jammed with hard
core
techsters. So I took a picture or two through the glass door and headed down to
Node
101. I'm psyched to hear about the conference, it would have been fun to have
been able
to pop my head in, but I'm not offended at the way it was structured.

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, andrew michael baron <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>