Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 3:45 PM
Subject: [videoblogging] Re: making directories

Has anyone thought of using the Digg.com model for creating a
directory? Well maybe not a directory exactly, but something like
it. Maybe it would be more analogous to Apples editorialized
listings of featured podcasts except the community would be the
editors. The ones that get the most votes move up to the front page--
like news stories do on Digg.com. It might work best for individual
vlog posts than with entire vlogs. I dunno. It's an idea. I was just
thinking about how cool that model is for news and if it would work
for other types of content. I would like to see a Digg for other
types of news too, like politics or medicine.

I dunno, I'm just thinking out loud.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Randolfe Wicker
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Josh is right about categories not really being good arbitrators
of how good content might be.

> He uses "art" as an example.  That is a very good choice.  I find
that nine out of ten "art" vlogs I watch to be very boring.  Then I
see one which simply blows me away.  Taste is a very subjective
thing.

> "Directories" are the topic but what we really need are reviewers
and people who filter content for us.  You would quickly recognize
those people who directed you to great material.  You'd also learn
to avoid those whose taste did not match yours.

> Directories without reviews are almost worthless.  An alternative
would be directories where vlog producers could post one-paragraph
ads (their own review) for their vlog.

> Randolfe (Randy) Wicker
>
> Videographer, Writer, Activist
> Advisor: The Immortality Institute
> Hoboken, NJ
> http://www.randywickerreporting.blogspot.com/
> 201-656-3280

back
>   to the subject of thread please.   :-)
>
>   -josh
>

>   On 12/4/05, Andreas Haugstrup Pedersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   > On Sun, 04 Dec 2005 19:35:20 +0100, Enric <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   >
>   > > Unless you're in Art class.
>   > >
>   > >   ;)
>   >
>   > Damn hippies. :o)
>   > Anyway, in that (small) community it would be a western.
You're right