ESPN.com's Motion averages about $25 CPM, but the advertiser buys
complete sections for a given amount of time and their ad is usually
shown in a rotation on almost all ESPN videos.

Feed-based vlogs do not have this option because the video is
downloaded rather than streamed - meaning the ad is built right into
the video and not dynamically served.  When ESPN.com sells "branded"
video, they charge more like $50 CPM.

In my opinion, RB (or any other vlog) is not worth these numbers.  The
viewership of RB isn't very niche - it is more like a normal TV
audience with a broad audience.  Maybe you could call their viewers
techies, but I'm not sure that is necessarily true.  Also, the demand
of RB to develop the ad themselves is a big risk for the advertiser.
Companies have marketing teams for a reason - they supposedly know
their product best (or at least better than RB does).

In addition, downloads do not equal viewers so the measurement of
impressions is very hard to calculate, especially with so many iTunes
users who have to suffer the poor usability of keeping up w/ multiple
feeds.

My point - I'll believe in vlog ads when I see it.  Then again, I'll
probably be turned off by whoever does it.  The beauty of vlog
watching for me is that it is not commercial.

Just my two cents.

-Matt
http://vlogmap.org
http://ridertech.com