On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 22:51:33 +0100, davecircumnavigator
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am planning on spending some money on promotion.  Specifically, I'm
> planning on sending out a press release.  Why?  Because I want
> viewers.  Why?  Because I need them if my project is going to work.
> Specifically I'm planning on sending a release via PR newswire.  It
> should cost about $300.  If anyone knows a better or cheaper way to
> send out a release – or get viewers interested (assuming my content
> is interesting) -- please let me know.

You can always send press releases yourself. This works better (ie. is
less time consuming) if you're only interested in a specific geographical
area. Local media should have contact points you can mail press releases
to.

> I think you can send a
> release to AP at no cost, but it's not guaranteed to run.

Press releases are never guaranteed to make it into a telegram or story.
And thank god for that.

- Andreas