pspvideo9 creating older mpeg4 and not h264/avc? Thats the only
explanation I have, as this main/baseline stuff is only an issue with
h264 ipod/psp stuff, not the older mpeg4 that both devices can play.

A file ending in .mp4 doesnt tell us whether its a mpeg4 or h264 file,
but .m4v files are h264 only (unless someone renames a mpeg4 .mp4 to
.m4v but thats cheating)

Steve of Elbows