generally speaking, there are no 'servers' on arbitrary p2p systems or another way to look at it: they are all servers! :)

some hybrids do use directory servers like a DNS to establish inital connections, but then all communications are between peers and so there are no stats in general unless the peers share usage data somewhere.

some systems might let you do a peered query, but then not all peers are online all the time and so these can be a bit strange (kinda like feedburner stats i guess :))

here's a perl script to get some stats from gnutella caches - i'm not sure it's that useful for most vloggers however

http://www.jonatkins.com/gwebcache-stats/

Enric wrote:
How are arbitrary p2p system like gnutella, etc. tracked now on a server?

If each person had a unique domain or subdomain would it be easier to
track stastics for their content?

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

some stats, but not all.  it depends on the network.  he asked about
arbitrary p2p system like gnutella, etc

in general, one would have no idea who had downloaded what

Enric wrote:

Can stats be tracked by which resources are accessed?

  -- Enric

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Markus Sandy <markus@> wrote:

one issue that arises: how do you track your stats?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:

Hello,

On 2/17/06, *davecircumnavigator* <david@