I wouldnt say it will be gone in 15 minutes, but using history as a
guide something else will come along and steal its momentum.

The membership number doesnt tell the whole story, number of active
members is the important thing. The question is not just whether it is
growing, but whether it is retaining existing members.

But yeah if it continues to adapt, doesnt become more of a victim of
its own sucess, and carves new niches for itself, then it may well
last a long long time.

A lot comes down to the motivations of those who own/control it, if it
blooms in terms of film community, but this community doesnt sustain
myspace in the way advertising to presumedly millions of young
consumers does, and those consumers desert myspace to go to
groovyhipnewcoolplace in 6 months, who is to say news corp will keep
it going in the longterm?

But thats not intended to poop on what good some peoplec an get out of
it now. Hoorah for those who are finding it useful, just be aware you
wont convince everybody of its merits. But that doesnt mean anybody is
trying to rain on your parade.

Steve of Elbows

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "filmmaker_lynn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>