waz,

i'm sorry to report that it did not work

i subscribed in itunes on mac tiger for first time (first time for itunes that is, i already subscribe in fireant)

subscribed and downloaded last episode no problem (yea, that torch bit has always been a real draw to a brulee)

but nothing updated on ipod

worse, i downloaded Tandoori episode and that did not transfer to ipod either

i don't know if this will shed some light:

i used "convert selection for ipod" on the brulee episode  (man, that took a while on powerbook g4)

the resulting brulee video ended up on the ipod under "recent entires" in "videos", but not in podcasts

as far as i can see this feed does not show up at all on my video ipod

markus

wazman_au wrote:
OK, I uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes and QT Pro; re-encoded the
creme brulee video with my usual settings; uploaded again; and
updated the feed accordingly.

Could someone who's a video ipodder please delete Crash Test Kitchen
from iTunes, including sending the files to trash, then resubscribe
and download the creme brulee episode, and see if it works on the
iPod?

If that doesn't fix it, I'm stumped. I have compared this file's
specs to previous files that worked and it's pretty much identical,
except for some minor differences in bitrate that I can't control
anyway.

As background: I use Adobe Premiere Elements for my editing, export
a full-sized AVI, then crunch that down into a H.264 .mov file with
QT Pro. Recently I switched from an NTSC format camera to PAL but I
can't see how that would make a difference - especially since our
cappuccino and tajine episodes were shot on the PAL cam, and the
tandoori one was actually shot ages ago on NTSC.

My backup plan is to use the "official" iPod video option in
QuickTime but the files are pretty big and it doesn't allow for
hyperlinks.

And all this goes wrong just when we've been mentioned in Time
magazine!

Thanks to everyone who's helping me with this.

Waz
www.crashtestkitchen.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Sheldon Pineo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>