I used to think this. But I'm getting away from it now. I like long
videos if they are compelling. Drivetime is a good one that is long,
as is The Pan. Nathan Miller has been posting 10 minute episodes
lately and it's still not long enough for my wife, who is not a
techie or a big vlog watcher. Also I wish "This or That" would stop
cutting up theirs into 5 minute chunks and post entire shows. But
maybe it's a bandwidth issue for them. And I've been toying with the
idea of switching to a longer format too.

I also think that the demand for longer video blog posts will go up
as more people start to watch them on their TV's--and that's
starting to happen as more people plug Mac Minis and Windows Media
Centers into their tubes.

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "hpbatman7" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have noticed a lot of short="good"  what is considered "short"
> under 5 minutes?
>

> --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Stephanie Bryant"
> <mortaine@> wrote:
> >
> > On 3/10/06, hpbatman7 <heathparks@> wrote:
> > >  Honestly, if
> vlog.
> very
> > >
> > > That's interesting..........funny is important to me as well
but
> not
> > > as important as I orginaly thought. And sometimes I like
ordinary
> not
> > > everyday but I find it interesting meeting new people, maybe
> that's
> > > why I kinda like "the ordinary", but I agree that after a
> while......
> >
> > Yes, when I started, I liked watching everything, because it was
> > endlessly fascinating to watch strangers' lives. I'm more
selective
> > now. I still subscribe to a bunch of vlogs that I don't watch
much
> of.

> gotten to
> watch.
> > >
> > > I would think the opposite would be true, at least for me, and
> don't
> > > you think that in a way you do get to know people from there
> vlogs?
> > > Especialy if they do share their lives.
> >
> > I do, which is why I subscribe to vlogs that I don't watch. I
> > subscribe for a while, decide if I'm watching them regularly
enough.
> > If not, then I eventually take them off my main vlog
subscriptions.