Greetings... Vlogweek very cool... Our New studio did not get
finished over the weekend, and I am bummed, Such is life...

Warning - I am not a good writer, when it comes to me putting
something on paper, alot of time my thoughts get mangled, I am much
better in person... I think way faster than I type, so I will try to
convey and idea... discussing it here first before acting, and
hoping that I can get some constructive, open minded, feedback from
valued members here.

I have an Idea...

Trying to be a productive member and all, I would like to build or
be part of a new website/program dedicated to video submission. I
have *some* capital, resources and input, however I cannot do it
alone.

It is understood by me that there are already MANY services that one
vlogger can upload a video to and get seen... however, people like
me, who vlog daily could spend a great deal of time, just uploading
to the many services out there...

A service needs to be developed that you could upload your daily
video to once, and the service would "broadcast" your video the
other video services for which do not have RSS feeds, but force you
to upload ... What really gets me about the current group of
services for video distribution is that in order to gain the most
exposure you need to set up no less than five different user
accounts, and upload your video up to at least that many services,
my videos are around 40 mb, can you imagine how long it would take
me to upload to just 5 of them? Plus, compile, shoot, edit, create
webpages, post in a blog, ping the feeds that arent in feedburner,
and post to this board? It is just crazy...

Here are some possible solutions...

Choice one
ALL video upload services allow for linking to source video that is
already hosted somewhere. OR allow RSS linking to source vid.

Pros-
1. It would be easier for people like me to have content listed in
many services, quickly.
2. My daily video would only consume 30 mb of webspace TOTAL.
3. Video Services would have more content with less server overhead.

Cons-
1. Video services would not have as much "exclusive" content.
2. Video Services would not be able to control the availability of a
video or the bandwidth that each video's hosting could handle.
3. The abosolute tracking would be sketchy.
4. Those video services that currently CONVERT video formats for you
would be very limited by not having the source file in hand. Like
for Mobile phones, ipods, and such.

Choice two
Have a video broadcast service... this could be a web application,
Or more intriging, it could be a windows application like googles
video uploader.
You upload to one place... when this happens it is concurrently
uploaded to many other places...

Pros-
1. Less work for the content provider
2. This could be a paid service... make money$$
3. Maximum exposure could be obtained with minimal effort
4. Video service would still have the source files.
5. Video services would likely become allies with such service for
the content alone, and would likely allow a service to sign up new
user accounts.
6. In the above scenario this service would become a one stop shop
for new vloggers..."Got a video?, get it out there! vlogblaster.com
sets you up with accounts for the most popular video submission
services out there, AND uploads your video for you, Blast your vlog
today!"

Cons-
1. A 30mb would eat up a ton of server space on the WEB, in an
example a 30 mb file uploaded to
2. The machine running the application, the content providers
computer OR the server that the application os run on, would have
all it could do for the better part of an hour. OR the Vlogger
community could build a SETI type network to handle such tasks.
3. Script would have to written for each video upload service.

Personally I see choice two as the only option, I think that it
would be reasonable to suggest that 5 services could be targetted,
with more development slated for the future.

Now I know for a fact that I currently consume in the range of 150mb
of server space in lala land for just ONE 30mb video. Each and every
day. Because it has to get uploaded to so many places. This could be
bad in the long haul... Liberals against server space... video
wasteland... I can see the march on washington now.

Google video, akimbo, youtube, stupid videos, cnet, and MANY more I
am sure I a missing some big ones here... your help as to which five
could be targetted would be helpful.

I look forward to your thoughts, and suggestions on whether such a
service is feasible, or even if it already exists...

Now, I did not sign up as a vlog week 2006 participant, but I do
however, do a daily video anyway, I plan to in the spirit of this
week do a weekend edition of unzappedtv... you will not however see
me in the shower or bathtub.
Our First coorespondant from argentina is on the show today, with a
funny commercial that FORD is running...

PEACE OUT!
Jason
http://www.unzappedtv.com