I gotta say that all this discussion about Podshow and their alleged
contract seems like a lot to do about nothing. First of all no one
knows if what was read was actually a Podshow contract, and second
of all it takes two to do a deal. If someone offers you a contract
(or agreement) you are under no obligation to sign it. You can even
take a contract, read it, point out what you find objectionable and
offer an alternative to try to come to some understanding on those
terms before you agree to sign. It's not that complicated, and it's
done all the time by people doing all kinds of business. Contracts
can be very fluid things right up until the time they're signed. And
often the first draft of a contract looks very different than the
final. Parties often put their strongest position out first with at
least a few clauses that they will cede if necessary. Giving over
exclusive rights to your work (for at least a limited time) is
pretty standard for entertainment contracts, as are non-compete
clauses etc. And it's up to the person signing the contract to make
sure that what they will be getting in exchange for giving up these
rights is worth it to them. And again if someone offers you a
contract like this and you don't think it's favorable to you--DON'T
SIGN IT!

Bill Streeter
LO-FI SAINT LOUIS
www.lofistl.com

--- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Iliya Krempeaux"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd need to actually read the contract, but I have a feeling that
Adam Curry
> is using a bit of "word play" to mislead people.  Let me explain.
>
> While technically, they don't "own" the content, it has the effect
that they
> "own" the content.  If PodShow gets exclusive rights to do
anything they
> want with your content forever, and you cannot use your content
any more in
> any way, then, for all intents and purposes, they "own" your
content.

> Although technically speaking, they don't "own" it... they just
have a
> certain kind of "contract" which gives them all the legal rights
that they
> would have if they "owned" it... and that same contact stripped
you of
> virtuall all the legal rights you had as owner.
>
> But, like I said, I'd need to actually read it for myself.
>

> See ya
>
> On 4/5/06, Casey McKinnon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Devlon-
> >
> > What I said was "Adam Curry clears up concerns that under the
Podshow
> > contract he owns all Podshow producers' content".  What he said
in the
> > interview was "content isn't owned by us it's owned by the
producers".
> > That said... what else does he need to say?  This was the biggest
> > concern addressed by Keith and the Girl... and by making this
> > statement on GeekBrief.tv, he has made a public statement that I
would
> > imagine can hold him accountable in a court of law if someone
has a
> > problem.
> >
> > What else do you want him to do... swear on the bible?
> >
> > Devlon, I'm a fracking ninja... if I'm in your bedroom, you
wouldn't
> > even know I was there.  Personally, I like your pink frilly
panties
> > the best... they frame your butt very nicely.
> >
> > ;)
> > Casey
> > http://www.kitkast.com/
> >

> > --- In videoblogging@yahoogroups.com, Devlon <duthied@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I would have steered away from the question all together not
opened
> > > with it 'so we can clear all the doubts once and for all...'
> > >
> > > And how'd you know I wore panties today?

> > this
I look up

> > happens to
> > would be