Doh! We're in two different theads now somehow.

Anyway, all I was trying to say is it looks like Nathan's problem is the click to activate thing - not a missing plugin. So using Flash wouldn't solve the problem - rather it's about how the media file is embeded.

-Verdi

On 4/21/06, John Dowdell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Michael Verdi wrote:
> If the alert that they user is seeing is related to the recent IE security
> update then won't they see it even if the video is Flash since it will use
> the Object tag?

huh? Let me pour another cup of coffee here.... ;-)

[ Later: ah, got it, I think... for "Is use of Flash affected by the
recent Microsoft browser change?" then yes, it is, with lots more info
here:   http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/activecontent ]

When I go to a page where someone has posted a flash movie
> with code they get from blip I get a "Click to activate and use this
> control" message when I mouse over it. Also,  for example the website for my
> theater uses flash for thier navagation and I get that same thing on each
> page I navagate too. The solution I beleive lies not in what format you
> choose but in how you write it into the page. The way I understand it and
> have experienced it so far is that any use of the Object, Embed or Applet
> tags gets you the alert in IE 6.

Hmm, if an underlying question "Is the new 'click to activate' tooltip
in Microsoft Internet Explorer like the 'missing plugin' or 'update your
plugin' alerts browsers sometime show?", then I don't think so...
different issues. But I'm not sure I pulled the right question-mark out
of the paragraph of periods.

jd

--
John Dowdell . Adobe Developer Support . San Francisco CA USA
Weblog: http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd

Me: http://michaelverdi.com
R&D: http://evilvlog.com
Learn to videoblog: http://freevlog.org