> but many feeds have the cc license information embedded already ...
>  for me, its included in my feed specifically so that *I* don't have to
>  travel with my media and tag its license at every site in the world
>  ... I've already included all that information with the syndicated
>  media within the feed ...
>  should I really have to sign-up/claim a feed just to re-assert the
>  license information that is already there?

this is a perfect point we need to make clear.
If you host with CC friendly services like Blip.tv, then your CC
license is in your feed.
It is machine readable and any commercial service like Splashcast can read it.

I also encourage people to add a CC license inside the video as
well....like a tag at the end...just to help spread awareness.
Including your blog URL in the video is also smart since many sites
won't like back to you. It's called "marking your work".
http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Marking_work

Again, this is not like Hollywood crying that their content is being stolen.
Creative Commons is just the logical way that we can all share our
content, but still push the exposure many of us want. It also helps
people find where things originate from to get better understanding of
the source.

Once my video go online..i expect anything to happen knowing the
chaotic nature of the web.
But we should expect commercial services to be better citizens.
we want a healthy ecology.

personally, I like CC Attribution.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/
use my videos any way you want, but just give me a link back.
Other creators will have their own needs.

at least Alex from Splashcast is engaging with this group. +1

Jay

--
Here I am....
http://jaydedman.com