Hi guys, I'm at work -- just getting a chance to check my e-mail now.
here's a link to what I wrote on my CNET blog: http://blogs.cnet.com/
8301-13508_1-9798084-19.html?tag=head

Basically the latest iteration of this bill only protects those who
earn a "substantial" amount of money from their work as journalists.
What legally defines substantial is still unclear. As I see it, this
law is flawed in that it doesn't so much protect the public's right
to know as it protects the professional's ability to conduct
business; that might seem like a subtle distinction but from a
constitutional perspective it's pretty huge.

Had the House's version of the law been on the books, I may still
have been protected. I sold the footage from that night for about
$2,000, and I currently have a blog on the CNET blogging network
which would also act in my favor, but the Senate version of the bill
only provides protection when there is a strict promise of
confidentiality. So in all likelihood when the bills are combined
into one it would've excluded me.

Anyhow, I've got lots to do here at work so I must get going...

Josh

PS -- anyone want to submit videos for RUNtv the college television
show I'm producing here in Oakland? It's a strictly non-exclusive
license and we'll pay you $50 for any videos we use. How about it? E-
mail me a link to your video and we'll it on the show. Thanks.