Well to me that grocery store example is not what this particular issue is all
about right
now. It does represent one side of net neutrality fears, where potential
conflict of interest
may exist if certain traffic is given priority, and the decider also happens to
own some of
the destinations for that traffic.

But for me the measures we see so far are more akin to a minority of customers
to your
coffee shop, abusing a special 'all you can drink' offer, and reducing the
quality of service
& coffee the majority receive. The coffe shop management must choose whether to
invest
in more capacity to serve the overthirsty minority, change or scrap the 'all
you can drink'
offer, or take other measures to limit the service.

The devil is in the detail as far as Im concerned. There have always been
various
bandwidth issues that have impeded some peoples ability to have the internet
they want.
There are challenges to be met in the future. Too much greed from either users
or the
companies that deliver the network, should be kept in check.

Luckily I believe too much present and future economic hope rests on the
internet
continuing to exist in its present form, though if it 'matures' as other
industries have, it
could become the usual restrictive monopoly nightmare which wont feel so much
like the
net of today. Still it could be argued that the internet of the present already
has a lot of
giant near-monopolies both at the network delivery & infrastructure level, and
in terms of
the sites people are visiting. Yet if there is anywhere the small business or
individual
should be able to find space to survive, it should be the net, as is currently
the case?

Or to put it another way, its in nobodies interests to make the internet
completely useless.
We already live in a  world where a lot of humans hardly have access to the
basics of life,
let alone computers and the net, and I suggest that if those who can currently
afford to
uploads videos to the net, face a future where they cannot, it will be more
likely due to
mass economic woes in general, or problems with electricity supply, than a few
monopoly
net providers pushing things way too far.

Cheers

Steve Elbows