> Meanwhile, in terms of education, medicine, and pretty much everything
> else,
> "public run" is a synonym for crappy and busted.

You can select an equal number of targets where "privatized" implies an
equal quagmire.

> The magic of market forces has nothing at all to do with hoping people act
> for
> the good of the whole.  That is a strawman argument, for over 200 years
> ago it
> was explained "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer,
> or
> the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own
> interest. "

Yes, but this isn't the end-all, and even P.J. O'Rourke, who recently
wrote _On The Wealth of Nations_, will quickly admit that Smith actually
wasn't a huge fan of the marketeering class.  Smith is also quoted as
saying that merchants never get together, even for recreation, without
their conversations turning to how to extort the public.

> So when was the last American government that wasn't corrupt?  Do you look
> back
> to the days of JFK?  FDR? Lincoln? How many of your good leaders do we get
> each
> century? How is that working out for you? You know the definition of
> insanity.

This is hollow rhetoric, as was your first paragraph.  There's a litany of
the corruptions of the private sector, too, and it rarely was through
competition or boycott that they were halted.

--
Rhett.
http://www.weatherlight.com/greentime