Externalities are the external costs that corporations shift onto the
populace. The goal of the corporation is externalize cost to maximize
profit.

Externalities are the unintended or unavoidable byproducts of doing
business:

Pollution is an externality.

The cost of patrolling the ME to control Oil is an externality.

Roads destroyed by trucking is an externality.

Perhaps someone can do a better job of explaining this.

Gotta run!

Cheers,

Ron Watson
http://k9disc.blip.tv