It seems like WordPress 2.6 broke a lot of plugins. I know that people
using PodPress that updated to WP 2.6 had problems posting new podcast
episodes afterward, and last I looked were eagerly awaiting a PodPress
update to fix the problem.

The new WordPress update schedule has really gotten on my nerves in
terms of having to update multiple sites every month. But that's got 
to be nothing to the nightmare created for plugin developers. Can't
just write something and count on it to keep working. Got to keep up
with WordPress development on a monthly basis, or more frequently to
stay ahead and not have your stuff broken.

Anyway, you may be right about there being a correlation between a new
version of WordPress and a new problem. You're right, vPIP 1.13i was
released in July to maintain compatibility with WordPress 2.6.

Cheryl

--- In [email protected], Rupert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I hope they're wrestling in mud.
> 
> Yes, sorry - was just writing a post refuting my earlier post when  
> your post was posted.
> 
> Maybe it's something to do with Quantum mechanics.
> 
> I tried to recreate John's problem and suggested to him off-list that  
> he should upgrade Wordpress and vPIP.  There was a vPIP update a  
> couple of weeks ago, wasn't there, to make it compatible with WP  
> 2.6?  That seems to have coincided with his problem - perhaps there's  
> a connection?
> 
> R


Reply via email to