I capture to FW800 from DV all the time. Just use a 4 pin FW400 to FW800
cable.

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 12:30 PM, John Coffey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

>   Apple is discontinuing FW 400 from new Macbook and MacBook Pros. (Pro
> will have FW 800).
> Will this be a problem getting mini DV footage into the Pro via 800. I
> played around with a FW adapter once and couldn't get the camera to mount on
> the finder. If this is a problem, I may have to quick get a refurbished
> Macbook Pro to keep my Sony FX1 happy.
> Gonna experiment with my Powerbook tonight.
> Thoughts...Thnkx John
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>  
>



-- 
_______________________________________________________
Brook Hinton
film/video/audio art
www.brookhinton.com
studio vlog/blog: www.brookhinton.com/temporalab


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to