On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 3:30 PM, John Coffey
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Apple is discontinuing FW 400 from new Macbook and MacBook Pros. (Pro will
> have FW 800).
> Will this be a problem getting mini DV footage into the Pro via 800. I
> played around with a FW adapter once and couldn't get the camera to mount on
> the finder. If this is a problem, I may have to quick get a refurbished
> Macbook Pro to keep my Sony FX1 happy.
> Gonna experiment with my Powerbook tonight.
> Thoughts...Thnkx John

I find it also strange.
The Macbook only has USB 2.0.
NO firewire.
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html

I know many hard drives are now using USB 2.0....but come on.
whats the thought process here.
I was editing on FCP using the Powerbook G3...which was slow slow slow.
The Macbook is plenty powerful for editing video.

Jay




-- 
http://jaydedman.com
917 371 6790

Reply via email to