> Let's say you have a site with 10 videos that anybody can watch, and
> then you post 20 or 30 or 100 more that it costs anywhere from 1 cent
> to 10 cents ( or more) for people to watch. And on your site you have
> a little button that takes folks to another site where they buy
> credits - $ 5.00 or $ 10.00 at a time. Then they come back to your
> site, and click on a video that they want to watch, that costs 2
> cents. They watch it and they are happy, and you've made two cents.

Looks like it's time to revisit the Micropayments debate.
Clay Shirky in 2000:
http://www.openp2p.com/pub/a/p2p/2000/12/19/micropayments.html
Clay Shirky in 2003: http://www.shirky.com/writings/fame_vs_fortune.html
Scout McCloud rebuttal:
http://www.scottmccloud.com/home/essays/2003-09-micros/micros.html

Our very own Nathan Frietas even made a great site that allowed you to
charge for downloads: http://cruxy.com/
I know he intimately understands shaving pennies fromm online transaction fees.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com