Steve,
What you say about value is true - of course if a piece is good, it's
worth lots more than 2 cents.  But that's not the point.  The point is
- is anybody getting anything for their work?  And how do you change
the perception that stuff on the web has worth, and should be paid
for?  Maybe it's impossible.  Subscriptions are a thought, but again,
how many people have subscriptions that folks are actually signing up
for?

You can produce for Current,and they will pay for the work.  You can
do very popular work for YouTube and also make money.  Then there is
the rest of the world.  I don't claim to know what is going to work -
I'm really just responding to the article.
Thanks for all your thoughts,
Milt