Rereading my post, my final comments were supposed to be questions,
not statements.
Here are some more:
As a layman, I don't understand how people will make money with
advertising on online video.  Surely at some point soon, pay per view
will become the norm?  Will the recession bring this on?  With things
like paypal and google checkout, isn't paying for things much easier
now?  Easy enough to make it worth the viewer's while doing it?
And will that lead to a lot more long-form content, so people feel
they're getting their money's worth?