I really recommend you check out the Canon's 640x480 picture and  
sound.  Canon's point and shoot cameras generally shoot fantastic  
colours and have great sound.  And obviously they double as great  
stills cameras as well... so they're useful things to slip into your  
pocket.  I love them for videoblogging.  Also Canon stores clips in  
AVI files, which go into Movie Maker nicely.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv

On 17-Aug-09, at 6:49 PM, Chad Boeninger wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm in the process of getting ready to expand my offering of  
> educational
> library videos with a new show and would like some feedback.  
> Basically the
> show will go as follows: 1. I introduce the topic on camera, 2. I  
> show a
> screencast of a business database or website, 3. I sum up the  
> episode on
> camera. (while not a business database video, this example,
> http://libraryvoice.blip.tv/file/2438408/ , gives you an idea of the  
> flow of
> the show) Currently my two options for recording the camera pieces  
> are a
> Flip Mino and a Canon Elura 60 (a budget mini-DV camcorder from  
> 2004). The
> camcorder was originally a gift when my first son was born, and I  
> have not
> used it much. I'd like to get some more use out of it. However, it  
> looks
> like my Flip Mino, which I've had for a year now, beats the Canon in  
> terms
> of video quality, but the Canon has louder audio. I'm a rookie when it
> comes to messing with manual settings, but can you recommend  
> anything that I
> can try to eek out better video from the Canon? For comparison of  
> the two,
> take a look at this short video. http://libraryvoice.blip.tv/file/2484863/ 
> .
>
> I've also got a Canon 780 IS that records HD video (as well as  
> 640x480), but
> my computing power is not yet up to editing HD video.
>
> Any input you may have would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
> -- 
> Chad F. Boeninger
> libraryvoice.com - blog
> libraryvoice.com/videos - videoblog
> twitter.com/cfboeninger
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
> 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to