> Just searching on Vimeo for video from different countries and
> continents, there's a massive amount of great quality stuff up there
> from all over the world - unlike the noise and crap and TV show clips
> that you get when you search on YouTube. Some from Western
> travellers, but also a lot from NGOs and locals.
> The reason I'm spamming the list with these things is that we've
> talked here and in the Flashmeeting about what people in other parts
> of the world are doing with video. Go search!

I saw this post here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/documentaries/2009/08/090827_world_stories_new_media_kashmir.shtml

Young men armed with their mobile phones are capturing every disturbance in
> the disputed state of Kashmir in an effort to combat what they see as
> restrictive policing.
>
> In doing so, they have sent their images from phone to phone and loaded
> them on to the internet to reach an audience way beyond their borders.
>

I think in the next 5 years, we'll see a lot more video from all over the
world. I know in activist circles, getting people trained to record and
upload video is a huge priority. I assume it'll spread from there.

Jay

-- 
http://ryanishungry.com
http://jaydedman.com
http://twitter.com/jaydedman
917 371 6790


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to