You have a Canon 5D MkII and you're asking about all these other
mediocre cams for videoblogging?  And you haven't tested the HD video
yet??

The 5D Mk2 IS the bridge that you're looking for between a P&S and a
dedicated prosumer camcorder.

You yourself identified all the problems with the P&S cameras you
listed.  And they don't have things like Mic In or high quality
optical zoom lenses.

If you want a pocket P&S camera that shoots average HD for
videoblogging, get a Kodak, a Flip or a Xacti for $200

And slip it in the side of your 5D MkII bag.  I bet you'll use the 5D
more.

Oh for the luxury of choice!

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv