i can see advantages and disadvantages of adding more people formally
on certain dates.  And I'm reluctant to be the Dungeon Master here :)

on the one hand there's a simplicity in the idea of a single chain of
30 videos.  for this game.

on the other hand, NaVloPoMo is an open month of making videos, and
should be kept wide open - it's great when a whole bunch of people
make videos responding to one thing.

but i think we can have both.   this game has a closed structure of
the 30 dates with people definitely signed up to do videos on those
dates - but that doesn't stop anybody who wants to responding to any
of the videos at any time.

i mean, i think it would be good if those people who have signed up
would make a video that is influenced or inspired by the person who's
signed up to do it on the day before.  to keep the chain.

but of course other people can also join in, responding to videos and
maybe even starting their own tangential threads and conversations.
I'd quite like to do that myself throughout the month.

then the people who are signed up can respond to those other videos
*as well as* the video they're scheduled to follow in this game.

after all, we haven't defined the way that one video might inspire the
next - people can respond to any element of a video - and they don't
have to explain themselves, so it'll probably get pretty abstract in
places.    which provides room for all kinds of connections with
multiple videos, not just one.

So - yeah - don't feel like you have to only make one video next month
if you want to make more - and don't feel like you can't play if you
didn't bagsy a date before they were all taken.

Rupert
http://twittervlog.tv