> TurnHere.com, who are an agency who match up filmmakers with small
> businesses, have a new promo going for US & Canadian filmmakers.
> You can offer free 1 minute videos to small businesses, and Turnhere
> will pay you $200 to make them.
> It's a very small amount of money, and is undercutting other people
> who are trying to do the same thing on an individual basis.
> But the requirements are much lower than your average bespoke video
> job. It's pretty much video by numbers. Turn up for an hour, shoot
> an interview with the proprietor, shoot some B roll, cut a 1 minute
> film, get paid $200.

I looked into their business model. I'd want to here from video
producers who did a lot of work for them. Seems more like
http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_demandmedia.

Ironically, Turnhere's orientation video is a downloading WMV:
http://producers.turnhere.com/orientation-webinar-video.html
Guess some there doesn't know how to do simple transcoding?

Sorry to be a scrooge, but I hate companies that just want to profit
from other people's work. Like an Amway scheme.

Jay

--
http://ryanishungry.com
http://momentshowing.net