Hey Jay,

Turnhere had a camera operator interview me and I assume he also cut the piece
together.

http://www.turnhere.com/blog/favorite-videos/the-future-of-online-video-by-tim-street-part-1/

If he got $200 for shooting and editing this simple interview that took about
30 minutes to set up and shoot blocks away from his house I think it's a pretty
fair deal for him.

Tim

On Jan 20, 2010, at 6:55 PM, Jay dedman wrote:

> > TurnHere.com, who are an agency who match up filmmakers with small
> > businesses, have a new promo going for US & Canadian filmmakers.
> > You can offer free 1 minute videos to small businesses, and Turnhere
> > will pay you $200 to make them.
> > It's a very small amount of money, and is undercutting other people
> > who are trying to do the same thing on an individual basis.
> > But the requirements are much lower than your average bespoke video
> > job. It's pretty much video by numbers. Turn up for an hour, shoot
> > an interview with the proprietor, shoot some B roll, cut a 1 minute
> > film, get paid $200.
>
> I looked into their business model. I'd want to here from video
> producers who did a lot of work for them. Seems more like
> http://www.wired.com/magazine/2009/10/ff_demandmedia.
>
> Ironically, Turnhere's orientation video is a downloading WMV:
> http://producers.turnhere.com/orientation-webinar-video.html
> Guess some there doesn't know how to do simple transcoding?
>
> Sorry to be a scrooge, but I hate companies that just want to profit
> from other people's work. Like an Amway scheme.
>
> Jay
>
> --
> http://ryanishungry.com
> http://momentshowing.net