Hi Dave,

What $400 cam did you buy? Curious that's all.

Tom

On Feb 9, 2010, at 11:49 PM, David Jones wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 6:19 PM, [email protected]
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > Call me old school, but I still publish my vlog in 320x240. For a  
> couple of reasons. My old Flip shoots at 640x480 and at the native  
> size its pretty crummy. Scaled to quarter screen it tightens up and  
> cleans up the noise considerably.
> >
> > Also theres nothing in my vlog that needs to be seen at HD  
> resolution. Waste of bandwidth.
>
> If you follow that logic to its logical conclusion, then why have a
> video blog at all?, why not just an audio podcast?
> Or at least why not 160x120 for even more bandwidth saving and speed?
>
> A video blog should be all about the video (ok audio is super
> important too, but beside the point), the bigger and more glorious the
> source material the better. Try watching 320x240 full screen...
> I know people who watch my video blog like a TV show and put it on
> full screen while having their breakfast etc.
>
> The beauty of modern hosts like YouTube are that it offers whatever
> resolution the user desires. Defaults to 360p to save bandwidth, but
> offers selectable 480p, 720p, or higher for those who chose it.
> I now always shoot and upload in 1280x720 because:
> a) I have the camera that can do it
> b) People have different needs (and bandwidth isn't an issue for
> probably the majority of people these days)
> c) And you never know what the future holds. I didn't want to look
> back in a few years and wish I had shot those previous hundred
> episodes in HD for whatever reason.
>
> Any video blogger who is filming and/or uploading in 320x240 only is
> doing their effort a real disservice I think.
> My $400 HD cam was the best money I ever spent.
>
> Dave.
>
> 

Tom Dolan
[email protected]





[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to