----- Original Message -----
From: "Kevin Lim"
Hello Cheryl,
>   I'm in the amateur category, so my budget has typically been below $400.
I ended up with the Sanyo Xacti HD1010, which is the 2nd gen to HD1000, with
the newest being HD2000. What's nice about this series is the MPEG4/H264
video format which is native to the Mac as well as video sharing sites like
Youtube and Vimeo. I also like the fact that for a camera under $400, it
allows for audio line-in and interchangable lenses. This camera just made a
lot of sense to me.

I just did a quick check and I don't see that this has "interchangable
lenses" .. nor does it sell "under $400"  .. at least normally.

Richard Amirault
N1JDU
http://bostonfandom.org