Cheryl,
   Like David, I LOVE the pistol grip design. Sure, the Sanyo Xacti HD1000,
HD1010, and HD2000 won't stand on their own, especially with an "accessory"
lens attached due to weight, but for shooting stable shots, I use a tripod
anyway. If you don't need a full tripod, just get a tabletop one.

Also, I checked the official documentation and realized that the camera DOES
come with a remote. I never used mine, and it's probably in the box.

Finally, you can check out videos in the Sanyo Xacti HD Videos group on
Vimeo... this particular video shows a heavily modified Xacti HD2000 for
professional videography: http://vimeo.com/sanyohd#8054780

I don't work for Sanyo, still hate how wonky the auto-balancing and focusing
can get, but these are manageable through manual controls, so it's not a
deal-breaker for me. Heavenly for it's relatively low-price.

--
Kevin Lim
Cyberculturalist