thank you for your input:

1) I live in Canada

2) I have looked at the Sanyo grip prior, the hand grip feature is a huge
drawback for me. I searched  & only found 1 site that mentioned a remote
control, the other features are great, 2 hr recording, flash, lenses, etc,  I
found 1 review saying it's not very good in low light which I need, and some of
the controls can be a hassle. Holding positions, I am still trying to figure
out if one is easier/less painful for me over the other re the other camcorder
style

If I can figure out a way the Sanyo handgrip can still be used for my needs and
very easily, I would get it, I am just not seeing it. It appears every where to
film in-house it has to be in the dock, to stand up, when not in my hand. If I
am wrong in this please correct me. :

-  I need a camcorder that lays flat (stands by itself), so far I can't see
around this for the ones you have mentioned, all the same Sanyo grip different
models
-  I will be using it to film myself first of all for a while, and hopefully a
few interviews
- has to have a remote
- the software for pc and mac was huge bonus
- the prior link Sanyo HD 1080 just went off sale, the battery life was only 70
minutes, I thought it was an Easter Monday, there will be  more sales,
- they have another sanyo that records for 200 minutes for $300 , has software
for both pc and mac, earlier version, but the reviews are horrid for quality

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/sanyo-sanyo-high-definition-sdhc-camcorder-vpc-zh1-vpczh1r/10124814.aspx?path=23c3abc4934a4eb7eb86edc457def5d0en02

- the filming outside, for lectures/speeches, hopefully some interviews,  and
attaching to my power wheelchair is in the future, so looking ahead  for
something that will serve both and last

- after your suggestions,  same camera different versions, I think I may stick
with the Sanyo  , but keep my eyes open for more sales and regular camcorder
style and the software and one that will film for 2 hours.  I have been told
privately I can change the battery with a pre-charged one in-between filming
for those that film around an hour, some have to be charged in the camera,
unless you can get external chargers as well, spec's often don't say this

If I am wrong about the gun style sanyo's ability to stand anywhere on  it's
own without the dock, do  let me know and the remote

Again thanks, and still try to wrap my brain around the handle grip, see if
there is a way around it for me

Cheryl