> I'm so bored by the idea of even more epic codec battles.  Apple/
> Safari/iPhone/iPad in h264 versus Google/Chrome/Phones/Set Top Box/etc
> in ogg/vp8.  Versus Microsoft and whatever they choose to do.  No
> compatibility between browsers for HTML5.
> Seems like Apple are hardening their position on various things, and
> so are Google, Adobe, etc.  Pretty boring for all of us, having to
> cater for all or pick sides.

Agreed. But I think that ultimately "open" is always better and worth
the hassle to make standard. Remember that we are still in the very
early days of web video. What happens now determines how things will
be in the future. I love Apple and use all they have...but I dont like
the idea that I depend on their benevolence. Jobs will die...and
instead of a hippie entrepreneur, we'll get the ex-President of Pepsi
leading the company again.

So the mantra is "keep it open"...but focus on creating. In the end,
that's what really counts.

Jay






-- 
http://ryanishungry.com
http://twitter.com/jaydedman
917 371 6790

Reply via email to