they all fail.
when i start playing with fcp it seams that my externals never stop spinning
i have been useing the usb 2 passport wd ones lately


On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Rupert Howe <[email protected]> wrote:

> I did a bit of research on this before buying 2 months ago, because
> I've been burnt by Lacie more than once - and kept going back because
> of price.  But they end up costing twice as much because they fail so
> quickly.
>
> I was recommended Western Digital by a couple of pro video people, but
> read some bad reviews online.
>
> The one that seemed most attractive & recommended, and which I ended
> up getting, was the G-Tech 2TB G-Raid.  Cost me £250, which is about
> US $375.  It's doing really well so far, but then they always seem to
> be fine until one day they fail to mount...
>
> Rupert
> http://twittervlog.tv
>
>
> On 16 Apr 2010, at 16:20, David Lee King wrote:
>
> > I'd like to move to doing more editing of videos and music off of an
> > external hard drive... I've used LaCie drives for that before, and
> > that
> > seemed to work ok. But wanted to find out you amazing video peeps
> > suggest -
> > what would you buy/what do you use?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > David Lee King
> > davidleeking.com - blog
> > davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
> > twitter | skype: davidleeking
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
> >
> >
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>


[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to