If you want portability of editing on a laptop I'd suggest avoiding external 
hard drives altogether. Nowadays laptop hard drives are pretty big allowing 
videographers to work on the road. Of course depends on the scope of your 
projects, if they are not that huge, go with the laptop drive edit. Possibility 
of losing data because you accidentally moved the laptop pulling the USB cable 
of the external hard drive is much greater compared if it was hooked to a 
static workstation.

A bit off topic;

Has anyone used this mobile monster?
http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=460942

cheers

-Renat
Innomind.org

--- In [email protected], David Lee King <davidleek...@...> wrote:
>
> I'd  like to move to doing more editing of videos and music off of an
> external hard drive... I've used LaCie drives for that before, and that
> seemed to work ok. But wanted to find out you amazing video peeps suggest -
> what would you buy/what do you use?
> 
> Thanks!
> 
> 
> David Lee King
> davidleeking.com - blog
> davidleeking.com/etc - videoblog
> twitter | skype: davidleeking
> 
> 
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>


Reply via email to