Hi, wise media people.

We have just received our first request for blu-ray discs and are wondering
what other academic libraries are doing.  Up until now, we have only purchased
DVDs and an occasional VHS-tape if the film is only available in that format.
We were wondering how other academic libraries handle this new-ish format.

In particular:
1. Do you order blu-ray discs as a matter of course or only as a special
request?
2. If you order the blu-ray version, do you also get the film on DVD?
2. Do you try to get those DVD/blu-ray combo packs whenever you can?  (They
look like a pretty good deal.)

And does the media crowd here expect blu-ray to replace DVDs in the near future?

Thanks!
Gail

Gail Gawlik
Head of Technical Services
Brown Library
University of St. Francis
Joliet, IL

Wearing sensible shoes proudly since 1969.